maybank power panels
A special gathering of panels and keynotes that look across topics that span the entire entrepreneur ecosystem with a rare collection of major startup ecosystem players from the US, Nordics, South East Asia and Central Europe, to discuss and take learnings from the different corners of the globe.
Panels are 35mins + 10min Q&A
Keynotes are 20mins +10min Q&A
Each panel / keynote will try to answer:
- How does this subject differ in your region?
- What is the most disruptive change in the industry over the past 5 years?
- What are the current hot topics?
09:30 - Open & intro
09:45 - Panel 1: The importance of startup ecosystem
10:30 - Panel 2: The reality of social enterprise
11:15 - Keynote 1: Why diversity in the workplace is doable
11:45 -12:30 - LUNCH / BREAK
12:30 - Panel 3: The changing investment landscape
13:15 - Panel 4: The facilitation of entrepreneurship through co-working
14:00 - Keynote 2: Recruiting for the jobs of the future
14:30 - Keynote 3: Creating ecosystems one city at a time
15:00 - Keynote 4: My biggest failures, regrets and exits
15:30 - CLOSE
PANEL - The importance of startup ecosystems
Moderated by: James Digby, Founding partner @GSA
Ashran Dato Ghazi, CEO MaGIC
Maciek Laskus, Founder Startup Safary
Kim Balle, Founding partner @GSA
- Should ecosystems be managed?
- How do the ecosystems impact society?
- Should there be someone in the business of managing ecosystems?
- Should it be a top down or bottom up approach
PANEL - Social Enterprise
Moderated by: Lilyana Latiff, Executive Chairperson @MYNEF
Alina Călin CEO @Mira Rehab
Ingi Rafn Sigurdsson CEO @Karolina Fund
Ken Chua CEO @Theseabilities
- What makes a social enterprise?
- Does one “good” outweigh another?
- How has the social enterprise ecosystem changed in the past few years?
- How much does making money mean to you as a business?
PANEL - Investments
Moderated by: Representative from Maybank Innovation
Representative from Northzone, Sweden
Representative from SpeedInvest, Austria
Representative from 500 startups
Representative from local MY ecosystem
- Why is there a trend in cross border investments?
- How easy is it to manage a “remote” investment?
- What can be done to better investments from an early stage?
- How should startups approach for funding?
- What are they key indicators of a great startup for you?
PANEL - Co-working spaces
Moderated by: Peter Kovacs, Founding partner @GSA
Topic: How to facilitate the magic of entrepreneurs
Kata Klementz, CEO @L’office; Budapest, Hungary
Kristian Justensen, CEO @Rainmaking Loft; Copenhagen, Denmark
Amarit Charoenphan, Founder @Hubba; Bangkok, Thailand
- What role does a co-working space play in the ecosystem?
- What makes for a great co-working space?
- How does co-working look in 10 years time?
Masterclass keynotes - 20 mins each + 10 min Q&A
Creating ecosystems one city at a time
Maciek - Founder of Startup Safary
Recruiting for the jobs of the future
Peter Kovacs - Founder xLabs Hungary
Why diversity in the workplace need not be a myth
Simon Anquetil - Exec chairman Tech Pilot Fund
My biggest failures, regrets and exits
Nikolas Zennstrom - Atomico investments & founder of Skype